It was on Beach Street before the Boardwalk area. But it seems like falling off a bike on those tracks is a Santa Cruz ritual, one of those, you know you are from Santa Cruz when...
I fell, badly, but can hardly blame anyone but myself for that one. I was up on the area that isn't the bike path, but it was my first time riding there and missed the signs directing me to stay on the street. I hit the track and did a double somersault into the brush.
Following the tracks and the path isn't necessarily much safer. There are dug out sections of track on Beach Street and the 10-foot-wide bike path veers to the left at one point into two-way traffic that is a head-on waiting to happen.
Have you fallen on the tracks? Isn't it time someone took responsibility for fixing them up?
Check the photos.
Here are some Facebook comments:
- Simone Cox I wiped out there on my bike and got really banged up. Wasn't even going fast at all.Like · Reply · 10 hours ago
- Kirsten Whitten Attlesey Yep!Like · Reply · 11 hours ago via mobile
- Douglass Weymouth You just go across at a right angle to the tracks.Like · Reply · 1 · 11 hours ago
- Melanie Premo Did that in the summer of '84. My apologies to the children who overheard my profane exclamation (although the nearby SCPD patrol merely chuckled). Embarrassing.Like · Reply · 18 minutes ago
- Mark Nockleby The city did re-arrange the paint a couple of years ago after some one successfully sued them.Like · Reply · 11 hours ago
- Clara E Minor LOL...did that!Like · Reply · 11 hours ago
- Write a comment...