This is a six-week introductory course designed to streamline the learning curve toward becoming a solo comedy performer.
These topics will be covered in a basic way:
- Working solo
- Mic technique for stand up
- Using the stage for effective delivery
- YOUR physical comedy
- Working with a live audience
- Finding YOUR voice
- Conquering stage fright once and for all
- Using YOUR life as YOUR act
- Finding YOUR characters
- How to write jokes about anything – formulaic framing
WEST Performing Arts presents an opportunity to learn a classic craft in a supportive environment. Whether this is your beginning adventure into a possible career path or a personal challenge to grow and reframe your life, this adult class is for you.