A graduation ceremony and reception was held at the Bockius-Orr house on Beach Street in Watsonville for Class XXII of the program.
Focus Agriculture, a program of the organization Agri-Culture is . The nine sessions cover such topics as ethnic groups in agriculture, labor, new technology, land use, politics, the environment and health care.
The members of the graduating class for 2011 are:
- Susan Barich, Partner, Barich Business Services
- Natalie Beebe, Senior Finance Analyst, Driscoll’s
- Tim Brattan, Executive Director, California Grey Bears
- Fred Chamberlain, Owner, Self Employed Photography Teacher
- Jackie Chuang, Food Resource and Distribution Manager, Second Harvest Food Bank
- Stephanie Cruz, Employer Services Rep., State Compensation Insurance Fund
- David Dobson. Economic Development Manger, County of Santa Cruz
- Martin Garcia, Analyst, Supervisor Caput 4th District, County of Santa Cruz
- Reed Geisreiter, Senior Vice President, Comerica Bank
- Rachel Goodman, District Director, Assemblymember Bill Monning (D-27)
- Jim Howes, Assistant Director, Regional Occupational Program, Santa Cruz Office of Education
- Karen Marcum, Branch Manager, Santa Cruz County Bank
- Cynthia Milich-Alcala, Quality Control Supervisor, Germain’s Seed Technology
- Lynn Overtree, Stewardship Manager, Land Trust of Santa Cruz County
- Kathy Previsich, Planning Director, County of Santa Cruz
- Cindy Slade, Regional Service Rep. California Certified Organic Farmers
- Tom Stelling, Director/Broker Associate, KW Commercial
- Julie Thiebaut, Financial Services Executive, Retired
- Lorili Toth, Director Development & Communication, Elkhorn Slough Foundation
- Rebecca Trautwein, Teacher, Economics, North Monterey County High School
- Arnett Young, R&D Trial Assistant, Chiquita/Fresh Express
"This was an excellent class," Agri-Culture President Bill Ringe said. "We are appreciative of the speakers and participants for giving their time during the year."
If anyone interested in applying for the next class, which will begin in March 2012, need to contact the at 722-6622 or email your request for an application to email@example.com. Your name will be placed on its mailing list for an application that will be released in December.