Cabrillo College’s Commitment to Democracy in partnership with the American Democracy Project and sponsored by the ASCC Student Senate is pleased to present:
The First Annual Cabrillo College Town Hall in Schilling Forum 450
Election 2012 and the CA Ballot, Debating the Propositions
Guest speaker: Mayor Don Lane
- Come at 2pm to register to vote before the event begins.
- This is the last day to register to vote in this year’s election!
Cabrillo College faculty and representatives from Common Cause, the League of Women Voters, the California State Sheriff’s Association and other nonprofit and public organizations will be speaking on the following Propositions:
- PROP. 30: Temporary taxes to fund education.
- PROP. 32: Prohibiting unions from using money for political purposes.
- PROP. 34: Repeals the death penalty.
- PROP. 36: Revises the THREE STRIKES LAW.