* Dr. T and the Shape Shifters
* Jesse Sabala and the Soul Pushers
* The Spirit Singers
Location Resource Center for Non-Violence -612Ocean Street, Santa Cruz CA 95060
Raffle Tickets $1-1 $5-6 $10-12 $15-17 $20-25 tickets
Items in Raffle: tattoo certificate, drum, wood burning drawing, rattle, and some other beaded items all by local artists.
Admission: $5-$10 No one will be turned away
All donations will benefit Peace & Dignity Journeys 2012.
Peace and Dignity Journeys is a grassroots organization that is fully sponsored by the communities that host the runners. It does not receive sponsorship from corporations, NGOs, or foundations.
Peace and Dignity runners will be arriving in Santa Cruz on the evening prior to this concert. All are welcome to take part in receiving them:
ABOUT PEACE & DIGNITY JOURNEYS:
Every four years since 1992, Peace and Dignity Journeys begins their voyage across the Western Hemisphere by foot. Starting from the North end of Alaska and the South end of Argentina and culminating at a final gathering in Central America, runners carry prayers and messages which they receive from communities along the way. Indigenous communities all over the Americas witness and partake in the tradition of welcoming runners with ceremonies unique to their community.
These journeys embody a prophecy that all indigenous peoples in the Western Hemisphere shall be reunited in a spiritual way in order to heal our nations, so we can begin to work towards a better future for our children and generations to come. The 2012 run is dedicated to Water, reminding all who have forgotten the importance of water that this naturally occurring element is the shared resource of all human beings.
HOW TO SUPPORT:
- Show up in support: Be present August 10th when the runners arrive.
- Donate: food, cash, gifts for runners, running shoes (new), supplies, vans, gas cards. You can donate to Peace and Dignity Journeys online, using PayPal:
- Run: Join the runners on their final stretch through Santa Cruz. If you would like to join the run for a longer stretch, email [firstname.lastname@example.org]