Fire crews have controlled a two-alarm fire that was sparked by a
propane tank explosion near Boulder Creek Wednesday morning, according to Boulder
Creek Fire Department officials.
Shortly before 11 a.m., crews responded to a fire on Bar King
Road, according to the department's Facebook page.
Fire officials said there was a valve malfunction while workers
were transferring propane from a tank on a truck to another tank.
The propane escaped and traveled downhill, reached an ignition
source and started a fire, according to the fire department.
The driver of the truck was injured and was taken to a hospital,
fire officials said. Two homes were damaged and some forest area was burned.