1. Scammers are soliciting vacation rentals online. Trouble is, they don't own the house they are allegedly renting. How to stop it? Don't rent until you have had a tour of the house.
2. Someone buys something from you on a site like Craig's List and pays more than you asked for in a check or money order. They say it was an accident and ask you to return the money by wire, PayPal or another check. Trouble is, their first check is fake.
3. You get an email from a friend abroad who has lost their money or is under arrest and needs a quick fix of some cash wired. How can you resist? It's a scam. Make sure you talk to the friend first.
4. You are in trouble, a caller says, and police are coming to arrest you, but it can be stopped if you send in money to pay off a fine, late bill, collections agency request. It's a scam. If they actually appear to be coming to your house, call police.
5. You are told your computer has a virus and they will give you a program to clean it up. No way. The program will clean you out.
So, I guess I shouldn't respond to this nice offer I got yesterday?
My name is Mr Terry Franky.I am a dying man who has decided to will his fortune to you for charitable goals.
I am 59 years old and was diagnosed for cancer about 2 years ago, kindly contact my private email identity (email@example.com) if you are interested in carrying out this task,so that he can arrange the release of the funds($10,500,000.00) to you.
I know I have never met you but instincts tells me to do this,and i hope you act sincerely.
Thank you and God bless you